07 October 2017

OMG Where did September Go

All cheer for the school holidays and we have slowed down finally.

September is THE month at my work.  It is extremely busy and even with the extra hours I now work I did extra hours on top and to add to the stress our system (internet) went down for a week in the last week of September.  Our IT support kept telling us that they would have someone come in so I headed into work everyday only to have to use my personal mobile data to login and no-one turned up.

We had no office phones, my boss was doing seminars with clients for 2 of the days and had to field all the phone calls that were diverted to his mobile.  By the end of the week we were both fed up with our head office IT people and we both ended up blowing up at them.  Our main concern is that something has slipped through the cracks, all the urgent stuff has been caught up .... we think.  I still have a stack of printing and scanning to catch up on.

I had a finish this week Jen Kingwell's Spring Fever is done.  Since taking this photo the skinny blocks with 2 flowers on them have been added to.  They just weren't right and when I looked at Jen's finished quilt there was more detail than were in the pattern instructions.

I am hand quilting this one and started stitching last night if I keep up the pace it shouldn't take too long to quilt.  

Mo went for a job interview on Thursday and got a Christmas Casual job down at the local shopping centre.  She was on a high after the interview, and although she was really nervous she said she did really well.  We went shopping today for work wear... I dread having to find prescribed clothes for her, as she is small and still in kids sizes but we managed to get a black shirt (ladies 6 ... still a bit big but looks ok tucked in)  and black jeans (only her second pair of jeans she has owned) and we were able to get them in girls wear with an adjustable waist ... she has super long legs for her height so the adjustable waist is a must.  

Maestro has been away camping and has coming home this afternoon worn out but having had a great time.  We 3 have been enjoying the quiet of not having him around over the last 4 days because he really is very noisy with a booming voice, gaming and talking on Skype with his friends.  

I'm heading away next weekend for a sewing weekend with the girls and I can't wait. 


1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh that sounds like a miserable week at work! Are you sure everyone survived (including IT?) Spring Fever looks gorgeous. Enjoy the handwork. Enjoy your sewing weekend with the girls. It's pretty close to the weekend where your at.