07 May 2017

New Author


I'm 2 books deep into this series and I'm hooked.  It got recommended on Penny Reid's Facebook group by quite a few members which is good enough recommendation for me.  The series is 5 books and they are all out so no waiting to finish them before you move on to the next one.    If you love the Harry Potter books you would probably love these though the characters are older and more sophisticated.

It has everything, a strong female lead, time travel, a prophesy, shape changers, seers and vampires.  There is a battle against evil across time and real moments in history.  Book 1 jumps between the present time and Victorian England, Book 2 jumps back to pre Elizabethan England.

Bubbling in the background is a love story 125 years in the making.

Book 1 is free on Kindle, or you can get the first 3 books for the price of 1.  I went and purchased all 5 books so that I could just keep reading.
I saw a review that recommended it for teenagers 14 years and above.  Mo is on book 5 of Harry Potter at the moment and I have told her she should read these but she won't read on a kindle or ebook format and to get the paper copies of these books is $$$$ unfortunately.

2 comments:

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

I will check this series out. You can never have enough good books lined up to read.

Kate said...

I agree it's hard to find really good series to read. Thanks for the tip.