09 March 2017

Managing Expectations Again Sorry

Hi everyone, I've been pretty quiet on the blog front.  I'm working away on filling in the centre block and it may be a few days late.  As you can see from the progress photo below I still have a few leaves  to stitch and then I can start on the critters.   I have prepared the templates for these but have to pull fabric and stitch there are lots of tiny pieces which may prove to be a bit scary but we will see how it turns out.  I could post the templates on the 15th but I would prefer to have a finished block picture to post with them so it may just be a few days late.

Last week I was fighting a sinus infection and narrowly missed having to go to the Dr's to get antibiotics I was giving it one more day on sailine treatment and then I was going to make the call when it righted itself.  During that time I couldn't wear my glasses and my eyesight is getting worse and I can't see enough to sew at night without them.  I have that problem where my arms aren't long enough 😆.  Sorry for the excuses but I really was under the weather and every time I put my head down the pain.

I've been thinking long and hard about my next BOM program and I have decided that once this BOM is finished I think this will be my last free BOM for a while and I will change it up next time.  I know we all love free stuff however in order for my business to continue I need to sell patterns, so next BOM the block's will be on sale for half price for a month then go up to full price.  That way I can cover the cost of the running my website and maybe actually pay for the fabric to make the quilt.

As I will be selling the patterns from the outset the lead time for the next BOM will probably be a little bit longer as I will want to get most of the quilt finished before we start.    I know that this will mean I will probably lose a lot of subscribers but in the end this is my business and I need to make enough money to keep it going which sadly isn't happening at the moment.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Stitching or doing anything when you aren't feel well is the pits. Glad you've turned the corner and are starting to feel more like yourself.

I'm sure we are all happy to wait longer to see your finished vision of how it will look. Thank you for sharing this with us I've enjoyed watching your progress on Instagram and what critters you will add. Enjoy these last days of summer, I'm so looking forward to spring!

Kate said...

Glad the sinus infection righted itself before you had to go to the Doctor's office. Your center block is looking beautiful. It's hard to work when we're sick and stressing out just makes it harder to heal. Hopefully everyone is understanding about that. Have a great weekend.